Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

Bernies 2013 testimonial



Before Solas, my day’s stretched way beyond what I could cope with. No daily agenda, isolation and too much time, all fed into my depression. I had no motivation whatsoever, for physical exercise or any form of ‘healthy’ living.

Since my referral to Solas all that has changed. It provides structure, first and foremost, knowing each morning I attend I’ll be going for a walk, no matter what the weather! (it still amazes me how effective a good walk can be to lift the mood)

Support is another huge part of the group, from staff and participants. It has enabled me to get through the dark days and laugh on the better days, providing a place of safety- vital for someone with mental health issues.

All in all, Solas has provided me with the base from which I can move on and build a life that may be happier and healthier… with the good friends I’ve made along the way – Yee Haa!!!
(Bernie 1-03-2013)

No comments: